THIS IS NOW JUST A FEED OF LINKS TO MY BRAZILIAN FOOTBALL FEATURES – FOR OTHER WORK, SEE MY TWITTER FEED

Thursday 22 August 2013

Ex-Porto striker Walter weighs 93kg – but that's not stopping him impressing for Goiás

There is a poem engraved on the Statue of Liberty that sounds out a stirring welcome to immigrants to the USA. “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,” reads its most quoted line (and who am I to avoid the beaten path?).


If the Campeonato Brasileiro had its own symbolic gatekeeper, it may utter something similar. “Bring us your teenagers, your aching veterans and your faded stars,” perhaps.

A glance at one of the strikers currently lighting up the league may even prompt them to add another demographic: “Oh, and your overweight too.”

In my latest article for WhoScored, I profile Goiás  striker Walter, who is enjoying a fine season despite being a touch on the rotund side. Read it here.

1 comment:

  1. A great article as always, I am a big fan of your writing and am an aspiring blogger/sports journalist myself: http://footballtalklife.wordpress.com/ would really appreciate any feedback or advice.

    ReplyDelete